These are the rules that are in effect on the Unterganger Minecraft Server:
- Accessing the Server:
- Do not share the server's IP with anyone. Only RDPIsOnCrack, current maintainer and owner of the server, respectively, can give out the server's details to players. Please refer members to the UMS discord if they wish to join.
- Users are not guaranteed access to the server and may be refused access at any time.
- Refer to Rule #1.
- Usage of TNT is forbidden without permission, this is due to how destructive it can be.
- Water and lava should be used with care to avoid causing floods or damage otherwise.
- Monster egg blocks should be avoided if their mob spawning nature is not needed.
- Please refrain from excessive mob spawning
- Automated entity spawning is forbidden.
- You have to keep obscene buildings to a minimum. Make sure that your buildings are PG.
- You have to use common sense where to build something, e.g. not building your building right in front of the entrance of someone else's building, not blocking waterways etc. This rule also includes that you can not build roads to or near a town that are not consistent. (i.e. no modern highway next to a secluded medieval town.)
- It is not allowed to destroy buildings of other people without their knowledge or consent (i.e. griefing). Please let the building's owner know of your discontent using appropriate communication channels (chat or signs).
- Server Operators:
- OPs must not teleport other players without their consent, unless necessary.
- OPs have the right to act on structures (renovate, demolish, etc.) that have been abandoned for extended periods of time, or if the players are absent for extended period of time. Determination of "extended amount of time" is on a case-to-case basis. OPs should only act on popular request, or when they can justify the benefits. This Rule is in effect immediately to structures built by banned players.
- Land claiming regulations:
- Any territory claimed by a player must have its border visibly marked with bright color blocks.
- All land claims must be approved by an OP before work can begin in the area.
- Big areas must have multiple signs (two being the minimum) located on the spot stating the purpose of the claim, plus it's date and author, whereas small areas only need a single dated sign.
- The claim is valid during a period of 30 days. It can be extended further past it's expiration date if a reasonable reason for it is given to a server operator, or otherwise no other player has intentions of using the area.
- Once construction works have begun, the claim becomes indefinite, with no deadline for the building to be completed. In case of an abandoned construction site, refer to rule 6.2.
- Land claims belonging to banned players get automatically canceled.
- No one, not even the founders, may purposefully cause damage to naturally-generated buildings.within their claimed area
- Rails and other transportation systems do not count as extensions to land claims outside of their borders.
- Special Regulations Regarding Towns/Cities (Athyras/Port Random/Canabai, etc.):
- Please ask for permission from founders in order to build in any pre-established towns or cities.
- The founders of the cities have the right to kick anyone off their projects when they please.
- Founders have the right to demolish or replace any buildings built in their city when they consider it not to fit in with the rest of the buildings.
- At all times the division plans should be respected.
- It is highly appreciated and also recommended to ask permission to claim a specific area in Cities/Towns.
- Do not cause lag, which often happens due to excessive entity-spamming in one place (eg. items, mobs, item frames) or rapid pulsers.
- Large/notable changes to the environment (eg. removing large chunks of forest, rerouting rivers or making massive pits) should always be with the consent of at least one OP.
- Do not cause death of another player on purpose.
Breaking any combination of these rules will subject players to any of the following:
- For minor offenses, they will be teleported to the courthouse where they are sentenced for a certain amount of minutes to a prison or have their game mode changed to Survival. In the prison they can still chat with the other players but obviously, not build anything.
- The offender may be forced to write an open apology on either discord, the wiki, or a open area in the chunk error (through the use of either signs or blocks depending on severity offense)
- Warning kicks
- Bans, either temporary or permanent. Duration of bans falls to the discretion of the server owner. Griefing can warrant a permanent ban, depending on the severity. Handing out the server details will also result in a long ban.
Apart from that, there are also etiquettes that need to be observed:
- Close all doors and fence gates behind you, especially when the buildings are holding villagers.
- Remove minecarts off the track when disembarking. All rail systems in the server currently has (unless specified) no mechanism to remove stray and abandoned minecarts.
- Periodically make yourself informed of any approved development plans. These (if any) will be made available in the Discord channel specifically for land claims.